Exfoliating the tired, dead cells also speeds up the skin renewal process, allowing new healthy cells to take their place. This process turns your complexion from dull and dry to bright, vibrant, and smooth. In addition, regular exfoliation reduces fine lines and wrinkles and keeps your skin much softer. After months of being neglected giving your body a weekly scrub will overhaul it completely!
Our exfoliating tips:
- Exfoliate in the morning - skin rejuvinates at night, so the morning time is prime opportunity to get rid of those dead skin cells
- Rub the product in a circular motion for 30 seconds and then rinse off with lukewarm water - never hot water
- Don't exfoliate damaged skin.
Face: Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
Body: The Body Shop: Spa of the World: Dead Sea Salt Body Scrub
We all love a nice glow, and once the legs are out, most likely so does the tan! Whether you love getting a Spray tan, using a tan from a bottle or going down the gradual tanning route there's so many ways to get bronzed skin. A gradual tanner builds up your colour slowly, while the Spray tan and a tan from a bottle comes up overnight. If none of these options suits you, you can always go for the Instant tan. Instant tan does what it says on the tin, it's instant and washes off the next time you shower. All relatively easy, and fuss free!
Our Tanning Tips:
- Always use a tanning mitt
- Prep your skin a day before hand by exfoliating and moisturising - paying particular attention to your knees and your elbows.
- After application to prolong your tan, moisturise daily!
Spray Tan: The Tan by 2 Jens
Tan: Cocoa Brown 1-Hour
Gradual: Cocoa Brown Gentle Bronze
Instant: Sally Hanson Airbrush
With your boots being replaced with Sandals it's time to get your feet in tip top shape. While we all love getting a professional pedicure, if you don't have the time follow these easy steps:
- Soak your feet in a basin using soap of your choice, let them soak for about 10 minutes and remove any old nail polish.
- File your feet with a foot file, while they're still slightly wet, focusing on the harder area's off skin.
- Scrub: using an body scrub, scrub your feet to further remove any dead skin cells.
- Shape: Clip each nail straight across, and then filing the rough edges away.
- Push back your cuticles, and add a cuticle oil.
- Polish: Using your favorite polish paint your toes, don't forget to add a top coat!
- Moisturise - keep your feet moisturised daily. Before bed slather your feet in the moisturiser of your choice, and then pop on some thick socks.
Keep updated on our blog, as we will be giving more tips next week on getting Summer ready!