ITEC Level 2 Certificate in Facial Skincare
This is the Foundation Course for a career in either Beauty or Aesthetics for complete beginners. We are combining this qualification with a Level 3 Diploma in Anatomy & Physiology to allow our students to move directly into more advanced studies, Micro Needling, Facial Electrics etc. All of the courses that are offered in the School include the opportunity to work with actual clients. Unlike other Schools we believe that working on actual ‘REAL!” people is the only way to gain the confidence, skills and professionalism to succeed not only for the actual Exams but to also have the confidence to take the many career . opportunities that will be offered to you as a Graduate of our School.
1. Aesthetic Treatments:
The qualification is for Learners who want to work within the Beauty Therapy Industry. The qualification consists of 4 mandatory units to achieve the full qualification.
The main skills the Learner will perform are:
- Facial Skincare – to include consultation, skin analysis, cleansing, massage, application and removal of masks, an adaptation of treatment to suit the client’s needs and providing aftercare advice.
- You will also develop knowledge about related health and safety and client care and communication and working with others in beauty related industries which is essential to work and be successful in the Beauty Industry.
- The related knowledge and understanding required to perform the beauty treatments listed above as well as understanding the structures you are working over in particular recognition of skin types, skin diseases and reasons that may affect whether a client should or should not be treated.
- Opportunities for Learners to focus on the development of their wider skills in Beauty Therapy setting, such as communicating with clients, working with others and problem-solving.
- Opportunities for Learners to develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment as a Facial Therapist.
- General Skincare
- Deep & superficial cleansing
- Toning & Moisturising
- Facial Treatments
- Skin analysis with contra-indications
- The skin
- Cosmetic science
- Osteology, neurology & full Anatomy & Physiology of the full body
- Communication & Behaviour in a professional manner
- Health & Safety
The main skills the learner will perform are:
Facial skincare – to include consultation, skin analysis, cleansing, massage, application and removal of masks, the adaption of treatment to suit the client’s needs and providing aftercare advice.
2. Anatomy & Physiology
- Cells & Tissues
- Body Systems inc Myology
3. Nutrition & Diet
4. Cosmetic Surgery
5. Professional Conduct & Business Awareness
6. Brand Training
- Modern Botany
- Monroe Recruitment
- Beautiful Jobs
- College-based practical lessons
- Theory Lessons
- Weekly tests
- College notes
- Case Studies
- Client Salon Sessions
- MCQ theory paper
- Case Studies
- Practical examination
- ITEC Level 2 Certificate in Facial Skincare