Advanced Skin Care /Aesthetic Treatments – our Opinion
The Aesthetic Industry is booming, new clinics like SISU and THERAPIE are opening up new Branches all over Ireland and the UK and the demand for Aesthetic Therapists is growing daily. Salaries are improving as the level of education and training required to excel in this area is finally being recognised.
However there is a gap in the knowledge and skills that to date has not been recognized by the examining bodies. Finally ITEC under the new ownership of VTCT introduced a suite of new Advanced Aesthetic Courses which address some of these issues. CIBTAC have now also introduced their suite of Level 4 Courses.
We have invested heavily in the development of our own material to compliment the syllabus requirements. We are also the only School to combine courses to maximise the learning of both Theory and practical.
Traditional Beauty Therapy Courses such as CIDESCO and Beauty Specialists have been taught for over 50 years in Beauty Schools throughout Ireland and the UK, however times are changing and the knowledge that was offered in these courses is simply not enough to allow a Therapist to work with confidence in a more Aesthetic Environment.
Continuous Professional Development is a requirement in many Industries, however unfortunately, due to lack of legislation, it is currently not a requirement in the Beauty Industry. There are more and more horror stories of highly advanced treatments being offered by un-trained Therapists. Some of the these treatments should only ever be offered by a fully qualified medical professional and not a Beauty Therapist.
However, the number of Treatments that a Therapist can offer are considerable and the knowledge needed to offer a full and considered skin analysis, prior to any treatment plan, requires, knowledge, experience and confidence. This can now be acquired through training.
We are excited to offer a full path-way for success in the Aesthetic Industry, it will take some time and investment to reach the level that we feel is the minimum to work in this exciting, highly skilled area of the Beauty/Skin Industry.
Our tutors are all fully qualified with many years of experience. Any of the courses that we offer have been tried and tested in the Schools before we have launched them. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Advanced Skin Care ITEC Level 4 in Peels and Micro Needling with IPL Skin Rejuvenation
This course is the bridge between Beauty/Nursing and Aesthetic Treatments.
It will combine, classroom Theory, home research and study, report writing, case study work, assignments and finally both practical and a theory exams.
The Focus of the Course is to enhance the knowledge and learning that Therapists may already have to allow them progress to more advanced skin analysis combined with ingredient knowledge and expertise to design a full skin care treatment programme for any client.
The syllabus will include:
Advanced Skin Consultation
- Unit 1: Principles & Practices of non-medical aesthetic therapies
- Unit 2: Advanced Consultation for non-medical aesthetic therapies
- Unit 3 Advanced Skincare for non-medical aesthetic therapies
- We show students how to analyse skin precisely and scientifically, this includes:
- The anatomy and histology of skin
- A layer by layer analysis of the epidermis
- Structural changes associated with eczema, dry skin and psoriasis
- The importance of DEJ (dermal epidermal junction) in skin ageing
- Cause and effects of ageing on the body systems
- Understanding photo-aging and pigmentation
- The real cause of rosacea and how to treat it
- Acne- how it develops and how to treat
- Hormonal influence on skin health and condition with a focus on puberty, pregnancy and menopause
- Sensitive/sensitised skin
- Advanced active ingredients
- Science behind cosmeceuticals ingredients
- Index of active ingredients
- Advanced skin treatments best results on which skin conditions
- How best to combine advanced skin treatments in one treatment
- Incorporating diet in your clients treatment
5 Assignments to be completed for each of the Practial modules, Peel and Needling and Facial Electrics
Entrance requirements: A recognised qualification and experience with Level 2 Facials, a Level 3 in Anatomy & Physiology is also highly recommended. This may be completed before or during the course through our on-line learning modules.
- College-based practical lessons
- Theory Lessons
- Client Salon Sessions
- Practical Exams
- Theory – MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)
- 5 Case Studies for each Practical
- 5 Assignment across both Treatments
- Portfolio of evidence
- ITEC Level 4 Certificate in Skin Rejuvenation
- ITEC Level 4 Certificate in Micro Needling
- ITEC Level 4 Certificate in Peels