Advanced Skin Care /Aesthetic Treatments – our Opinion
The Aesthetic Industry is booming, new clinics like SISU and THERAPIE are opening up new Branches all over Ireland and the UK and the demand for Aesthetic Therapists is growing daily. Salaries are improving as the level of education and training required to excel in this area is finally being recognised.
However there is a gap in the knowledge and skills that to date has not been recognized by the examining bodies. Finally ITEC under the new ownership of VTCT introduced a suite of new Advanced Aesthetic Courses which address some of these issues. We are delighted to be one of the First Schools in Ireland to be accredited to run these courses.
We have invested heavily in the development of our own material to compliment the syllabus requirements. We are also the only School to combine courses to maximise the learning of both Theory and practical.
Traditional Beauty Therapy Courses such as CIDESCO and Beauty Specialists have been taught for over 50 years in Beauty Schools throughout Ireland and the UK, however times are changing and the knowledge that was offered in these courses is simply not enough to allow a Therapist to work with confidence in a more Aesthetic Environment.
Continuous Professional Development is a requirement in many Industries, however unfortunately, due to lack of legislation, it is currently not a requirement in the Beauty Industry. There are more and more horror stories of highly advanced treatments being offered by un-trained Therapists. Some of the these treatments should only ever be offered by a fully qualified medical professional and not a Beauty Therapist.
However, the number of Treatments that a Therapist can offer are considerable and the knowledge needed to offer a full and considered skin analysis, prior to any treatment plan, requires, knowledge, experience and confidence. This can now be acquired through training.
We are excited to offer a full path-way for success in the Aesthetic Industry, it will take some time and investment to reach the level that we feel is the minimum to work in this exciting, highly skilled area of the Beauty/Skin Industry.
Our tutors are all fully qualified with many years of experience. Any of the courses that we offer have been tried and tested in the Schools before we have launched them. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Advanced Skin Care ITEC Level 4 with Level 3 Certificate in Microdermabrasion
This course is the bridge between Beauty/Nursing and Aesthetic Treatments.
It will combine, classroom Theory, home research and study, Laboratory style experiment’s, report writing, case study work, assignments and finally a practical and a theory exam.
The Focus of the Course is to enhance the knowledge and learning that Therapists may already have to allow them progress to more advanced skin analysis combined with ingredient knowledge and expertise to design a full skin care treatment programme for any client.
The syllabus will include:
- Dermatology and microbiology – to include anatomical structures of the skin, nails and hair, functions of the skin, nails and hair, changes in the skin associated with ageing, skin types, signs and causes of infectious and non-infectious diseases and disorders, culturing of bacteria
- Physiology of ageing – to include the characteristics and nature of ageing, the causes and effects of ageing of the skin, degenerative disorders of the skin, how Beauty Therapy treatments and products may delay the ageing process
- The chemistry of hair and beauty products – to include ingredients, effects and safe use, packaging materials and the properties and effects of ultraviolet radiation on hair and beauty products.
Entrance requirements: A recognised qualification and experience with Level 2 Facials, a Level 3 in Anatomy & Physiology is also highly recommended. This may be completed before or during the course through our on-line learning modules.
- College-based practical lessons
- Theory Lessons
- Client Salon Sessions
- Practical Exam
- Theory – MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)
- 5 Case Studies
- 1 Assignment
- Portfolio of evidence
- ITEC Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Skincare
- ITEC Level 3 Certificate in Microdermabrasion