VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Education & Training
The VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Education and Trainingis a 33 credit teaching qualification that develops practical teaching skills and through the optional units can prepare Teachers to work in a wide range of contexts.
Exclusive to our College we offer a free DISK Personality Test to all of our teaching students which will help you increase your personal and professional success.
Applicants need to be qualified, ;roficient or ex perienced in the subject which they intend to teach. They must hold recognised Qualifications and have sufficient personal skills to complete the academic and other requiremetns of the programme. They will also need to be able to support their learners at the apropriate level whilst delivering their subject specialism. Applicants must be able to study at minimum academic Level 4 – the same level of study as the first year of a degree course. IT skills are essential for both the completion of the course but also to work as a Teacher. Microsoft word, excell, power point as well as the ability to develop and print high-quality presentations and notes will be expected.
There is a requirement for a minimum of 30 hours of practice f or this qualificaion with a minimum of 3 assessed observations.
You can progress from the VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training directly into employment as a teacher in the further education sector.
On completion of this qualification you may choose to undertake further study; qualifications you could progress to include:
VTCT Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (Assessors Award)
Delivering education and training. UET 8
- Inclusive teaching and learning approaches.
- Evaluating own delivery practice.
- Understanding how technology can enhance teaching and learning.
Assessing learners in education and training.UET 9
- Types and methods of assessment.
- Conducting and recording assessments in accordance with processes and requirements.
- Evaluating own assessment practice.
Managing learning and development in groups.UV40767
- Plan and complete a class based on the teaching training cycle.
- Understand the strengths and limitations of your own role.
- How to motivate staff and students.
- Learn about grow models, risk assessments, tutor logs and schemes of work.
- Perform a micro-teach and receive an evaluation from your student
UET 12 – Teaching in a Specialist Area